Friday, March 14, 2008

Winner and Sweet Caroline by Rachel Hauck

And the winner of The Next Level by David Gregory is ToyStory(9) . Congratulations. My next contest starts Monday. :)





This week, the

Christian Fiction Blog Alliance

is introducing

Sweet Caroline
(Thomas Nelson February 12, 2008

by

Rachel Hauck


ABOUT THE BOOK

When a Southern waitress inherits the Lowcountry cafe where she works, she suddenly has to balance more than just her next food order.

Caroline Sweeney has always done the right thing--the responsible, dependable thing--unlike her mother who abandoned her family. But when her best friend challenges her to accept an exciting job adventure in Barcelona, Spain, Caroline says "yes" to destiny.

Then, without warning, ownership of the run-down cafe where she's been waitressing falls right into Caroline's lap. While she's trying to determine the cafe's future, handsome Deputy Sherriff J.D. Rand captures Caroline's heart.

But when her first love, Mitch O'Neal, comes back to town, fresh from the heat of his newly-found fame as a country music singer in Nashville, Caroline must make some hard choices about love and the pursuit of the sweet life.

My Review: I loved this book for the most part. There is one element that I disagree with. The main plot line is great. She has some of the more unique ones out there. I am just a conservtative reader. If you like edgy Christian fiction then this book is def. for you. Overall I really liked it. I do recommend it because of the great storyline and she is a gifted storyteller.

No comments:

Classics Club Spin 18

My Classics Club Spin List for August This is a hodgepodge of books left on my list I made in 2017 for the Classics Club. Tomorrow the clu...